For full Salesforce synchronization, the account owner should be a Salesforce Administrator. We would prefer to use less permissions if possible, but this is a limitation of Salesforce at present (the community have been waiting 9 years).
Specifically, the following requirements apply:
- Modify All Data permission is needed on required objects that Jiminny uses (i.e. Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, User, User Role, Activity)
- Field Level Security settings must allow the user to view and modify any mapped fields
- The profile connecting Salesforce to Jiminny has "API Enabled" under System Permissions in the Profile of the User
- The profile connecting Salesforce to Jiminny can create or edit all objects (like Accounts, Contacts, Leads etc.).
Why does Jiminny need this?
Simply put, we sync various data between Salesforce for the purpose of providing the service. This includes:
- Matching email addresses and phone numbers to your customers
This allows us to automatically populate meeting details
- Retrieving standard and custom field data
This is used to enhance activity logging, as well as importing picklist values
- Retrieving customer and opportunity/deal data
We add this to playback and any shared activity to give it context