The Zoom Admin needs to configure a few settings in Zoom before your reps can install the Zoom Integration to Jiminny.
- Jiminny streams your Zoom meetings directly into our cloud-based app, meaning you can save tons on cloud storage costs by setting an auto-delete policy.
- The native Zoom interface provides full recording control and compliance out of the box - and Jiminny respects Zoom recording preferences.
Important Things to Mention
- Users will need to be on a Zoom Pro plan or above.
- Each user can individually configure their settings to allow Jiminny to stream Zoom meetings. You can also create a Zoom Group consisting of Jiminny users. This allows you to bulk-apply the appropriate settings, but only to Jiminny users (not your entire organization).
Zoom Settings Configuration
1. Pre-approve Marketplace App
If your organization requires pre-approval of Zoom apps, you need to pre-approve Jiminny.
2. Each user must apply these settings (or set these to your Zoom Group)
- Visit the Custom Live Streaming section in the Meetings tab
- Toggle Allow Live streaming the meetings to ON
- Check Custom Live Streaming Service to allow Jiminny to stream
3. Configure Recording for the Jiminny Group
Since Jiminny leverages the recording controls, you need to ensure cloud recording is enabled. Also, unless you want a permanent copy of the meetings in both Jiminny and Zoom, we recommend that you delete your recordings from Zoom regularly:
In your Settings, go to the Recording Tab
- Toggle Cloud Recording to ON.
- Check the box "record active speaker with shared screen"
4. Next, we recommend you toggle Automatic Recording to ON.
Automatic recordings can be switched off, but not locked off. Locking this feature disables recording and therefore Jiminny will not be able to stream.
Note: If Automatic recording is turned off, you will need to manually turn on recording at the beginning of each call and Jiminny will then join.
5. Scroll down and toggle Auto-delete Cloud Recordings to on
- Choose a time range (we advise 7 days)
6. To ensure the calls remain compliant with recording law, we recommend to toggle ON multiple audio notifications.
There's a small bit of setup if you'd like to automatically tag Zoom meetings as a particular Activity Type. This is required for auto-logging to your CRM.
- Visit Organization Settings > Coaching > Playbooks
- For each Playbook used by Zoom users, click into Activity Types
- Edit your chosen Activity Type and ensure the Applies To is set to Conferences
Next, you'll need each user to install the Zoom for Jiminny App.