Jiminny exchanges data with your Salesforce instance via an API. Usually this works without a hitch but sometimes errors can occur. This typically happens when logging activity or during data synchronization. You'll get an email to let you know.
We've compiled a list of the most common problems and how to resolve them.
This error is related to your Salesforce API usage limits. Your instance limits are shared among all of the apps you have connected to Salesforce. Salesforce measures API calls on a trailing-24-hour-window basis.
If you get this error it should be resolved with urgency:
- Check if another system is heavily using your API quota
- Increase your credits by adding more Salesforce users (each user gets another amount of API calls per day) or buying more API credits. This can often be requested on a temporary basis from your Salesforce Account Manager.
This error means that there is a validation rule that enters data into a Salesforce field. When SalesLoft tries to update the field, our data is hitting this exception created by the validation rule when the record was updated.
To correct this error, update the validation rule to fire only when the required field is blank and the field that is being updated from the trigger is not changed.
Required Field Missing
This error occurs when your Salesforce instance requires the data in a certain field to be complete before the action. For example, changing a stage or logging activity. Typically the error is accompanied with the missing field. You have two options to correct this error:
- Complete the field in Salesforce so the error does not occur
- Remove the requirement in your Salesforce settings
Unable to obtain exclusive access to this record or 1 records
These errors can occur when the record you are attempting to update is being updated by another user or action (e.g. batch process) at the same time.
- Try to log the activity again after a few minutes
- If this error continues to occur, there is likely a workflow triggered when you attempt to update the field. Check with your Salesforce Administrator to remove the trigger.