As a web application, Jiminny does not normally require any network configuration changes. However, some firewalls can block traffic and interfere with web conferences or calls through the dialer.
We highly recommend that your network is configured such that voice traffic has a higher priority than data traffic.
This will ensure that issues related to voice packets are minimized and that your calls have optimal audio quality, without having a noticeable effect on your data traffic. Traffic prioritization can be configured in a variety of ways, but we suggest prioritizing packets based on the IP addresses listed below.
IP address ranges and ports used
Jiminny needs to communicate with external servers to send signaling and media traffic. Global Low Latency routing is used to select the datacenter with the lowest-latency (usually closest to the user).
Set up whitelist and QoS rules using all of the following server IP addresses:
- 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 (CIDR: 18.104.22.168/23)
- 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 (CIDR: 188.8.131.52/24)
- 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 (CIDR: 18.104.22.168/23)
- 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 (CIDR: 188.8.131.52/26)
- 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 (CIDR: 18.104.22.168/27)
- 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 (CIDR: 188.8.131.52/26)
- 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 (CIDR: 18.104.22.168/27)
- 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 (CIDR: 188.8.131.52/25)
- 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 (CIDR: 18.104.22.168/27)
- 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 (CIDR: 188.8.131.52/26)
- 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 (CIDR: 18.104.22.168/24)
- 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199 (CIDR: 188.8.131.52/26)
- 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11 (CIDR: 18.104.22.168/27)
- 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199
- 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206 (CIDR: 220.127.116.11/26)
- 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124 (CIDR: 126.96.36.199/27)
- 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206 (CIDR: 220.127.116.11/26)
- 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124 (CIDR: 126.96.36.199/27)
- 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206 (CIDR: 220.127.116.11/27)
- 443 (TCP & UDP) - ensure WSS protocol is whitelisted
- 3478 (TCP & UDP)
- 5349 (TCP)
- 10,000 - 20,000 (UDP/SRTP/SRTCP)
Devices should also be able to connect to these hostnames.
- sdkgw.us1.twilio.com (WSS/443)
- ecs.us1.twilio.com (HTTPS/443)
Jiminny enables DSCP by default in compatible browsers (currently Google Chrome). Capable browsers will tag WebRTC media packets, enabling differentiated handling on a LAN so that real-time media can be prioritized above other network traffic.
These will be tagged as Expedited Forwarding (46).
Note: there is a known issue that requires a workaround in Windows environments.
Once these rules are in place, please test your connectivity.